How to Change the Battery in Your Mercedes-Benz Key Fob
If the battery of your Mercedes-Benz key fob is dying, you’ll want to know what to look for, and you’ll want to know how to replace it. Learn how to change the battery in your Mercedes-Benz key fob.
How to Replace Your Mercedes-Benz Key Fob Battery
So you’ve noticed that your Mercedes-Benz key fob battery needs replacement. Here’s the rundown as to how to replace your Mercedes-Benz key fob battery.
- Determine Your Key Type: You may have either a Chrome Key or a Smart Key, and your key type impacts how the batteries ought to be changed.
- Get the Right Batteries: A Smart Key needs two CR 2025 batteries. A new Chrome Key only needs one.
- Smart Key: For the Smart Key, pull the latch at the end of the key holder, stick your key horizontally into the open slot, and lift the battery compartment out. Then, insert your batteries.
- Chrome Key: When changing a Chrome Key battery, you’ll want to pull on the tab at the bottom, push the key into the narrow end of the slot to remove the cover, and replace the battery.
When Does My Mercedes-Benz Key Fob Battery Need to Be Replaced?
There are a few warning signs to keep in mind when it’s time to change the battery in your Mercedes-Benz key fob. Initial warning signs include:
- You may notice that your C-Class or E-Class is difficult to start. If your vehicle takes several attempts to start, chances are your key fob battery needs to be replaced.
- If you’re no longer able to lock or unlock your doors or set off the panic alarm, chances are your Mercedes-Benz key fob battery needs to be replaced.
- If the warning sign on your dashboard indicates an issue with the charging system, the battery power in your key fob needs to be replaced.
Noticing any of these warning signs? You’ll want to be proactive and change the battery of your Mercedes-Benz key fob before you head to your favorite arts venue in Modesto, CA.
Explore Mercedes-Benz Service and Maintenance at Mercedes-Benz of Modesto
Need help replacing your key battery? Our Modesto service center will help you with your service needs. Feel free to contact us with any questions and make sure you check out our service specials before booking your appointment.
Related Tips and Tricks from Mercedes-Benz of Modesto
Whether you’re planning a night out with friends or a family dinner, Stockton restaurants serve up a variety of inspired foods for everyone. After beating the heat this summer, spoil yourself with some of our favorite handcrafted foods from one the best restaurants in Stockton, CA! Contact Us Market Tavern Regardless of whether you need…
The Mercedes-Benz Navigation System is powerful and easy to use. Using the system, you’ll receive turn-by-turn directions and customizable maps and settings to make your trips around Merced easier. Navigation is available through COMAND® — the brand-exclusive infotainment system. While most new vehicles include COMAND®, COMAND® navigation is optional for vehicles like the C-Class, GLA,…
When you visit Mercedes-Benz of Modesto near Merced, you can expect our service center to do the following: Complete a Synthetic Motor Oil Replacement* for model years 2009 and newer as a component of Mercedes-Benz Service A or Mercedes-Benz Service B Complete an oil change for model years 2008 and older (when not part of Service A/B)…